Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going on vacation with the in-laws next week. They rented a beach house with a washer/dryer, so I'm going to take cloth. Today I was thinking what if I get there and it's a frontloader or the little stackable kind. How will I need to change my washing routine? Right now I do a cold prewash, then the longest hot wash setting, then sometimes an extra rinse (because I'm scared of getting buildup). Is there anything I need to know about frontloaders or stackables? I wash every other day right now, but if the rest of my JBs come before we leave, I can probably go a day longer. This will be our first trip using cloth, can you tell I'm a little nervous?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
With front loaders a little bit of soap goes a Looooong way!! Use only half of the regular amount of detergent, or less, for all your laundry! I always run an extra rinse at the end- cold rinse with nada, extra long hot wash with a tad of soap (sometimes TTO or vinegar in the rinse), cold rinse, extra cold rinse.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Bump, because I want to know more about front loaders, too!

Also, April, there's been a bunch of FL advice on my poll! Check it out--"Front Loaders vs Top Loaders" I don't know how to make a cool link....sorry!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts