Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a good preschool curriculum? I am looking mainly for something that will give me structured ideas for things to do with ds as I think he would enjoy such activities but I am not very creative in that area. I would just use it loosely as a general idea to follow depending on how he responded or enjoyed doing various activities. My mom homeschooled me for my first year of school and it was the best year of my entire school career. I simply don't have any idea of things to do with a 3 1/2 year old, though he seems to be at a stage where he is showing interest in learning. I don't mind paying for a good curriculum I can use as a base for ideas. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Here's a whole page of links to articles and websites that have great ideas for things to do with little ones. The sites with acivities are beneath the box of articles:

preschool/kindergarten

You could easily structure things, I think, by making up a calendar marked with what you want to do on which days of the week.

Lillian

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
A great book to use for preschool is Picture Book Activities by Trish Kuffner. It has suggestions for fun & games for preschoolers based on 50 favorite children's books. The "subject" areas covered for most books include
Let's Talk About It, Act it Out, Art & Crafts, Cooking and Baking, Rhymes and Finger Plays, Let's pretend, Music and Movement, Out and About, Play and Learn, Snack Time, and Enrichment Activities.

I am currently using this for my 2 boys, ages 4 and almost 3. It's good for a wide range of ages and levels.

It is out of print. I got mine from Amazon used. Tried regular Amazon because it comes up if you search for it but Amazon cancelled my order after a couple months saying they couldn't get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts