Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enrolled my child in a preschool but just as he is about to start I found a Waldorf preschool in the town next to us. It was too late to switc. I just want to get him socailized and learn to listen you know all that stuff. Anyway, they send homework for him to do to try to write and read. How should I approach this? Nobody understands Waldorf philosophy around here so I feel alone. Help.

·
Super Moderator
7,581 Posts
It sounds like the preschool he is currently in might meet your needs just fine; just ask them not to give him homework. It's certainly not required at that age and there would be no repercussions for not doing it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds like the preschool he is currently in might meet your needs just fine; just ask them not to give him homework. It's certainly not required at that age and there would be no repercussions for not doing it.
Thank you. Yeah I was thinking along those lines too but they teach them in school too.

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
Balance stuff out by having him do lots of movement and vigorous play at home with opportunities for make believe. A few months of exposure to alphabets and counting should be survivable, although it is a shame that such small children are already being pushed into academics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts