Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few days, I've been having a lot of lower back pressure. Last night and today, it's spread to my low, low abdomen (directly above my pubic bone) and into my vagina. It feels like the baby is about to fall out!l I've also been getting shooting pain in what feels like my cervix every once in awhile. Baby is VERY active, and head down (I can hear the heartbeat with the stethoscope and its down low on my abdomen). I'm 30 weeks and change...

Is this normal?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Any change in vaginal discharge? Spotting? If you can reach/find your cervix, is it dilated at all?

Are you still nannying? It'd probably be a good idea to take some time off, or if the kids are old enough to entertain themselves just stay off your feet. And increase your fluids.

You could just have a low and active baby, but the cervix pains raise some flags for me.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No major change in discharge...I've noticed more of it the last few weeks, but no major change in the last few days. No spotting. No idea where my cervix is or what it would feel like if I was dilated!

I am still nannying, and trying to stay off my feet. I drink TONS of water, and some juice and milk too, but I will make sure I stay hydrated.

Should I call my midwife? I don't want to bother her if I'm just being paranoid. The pressure comes and goes, and varies in intensity. The cervical pains have been on and off since maybe 18 weeks or so, but the pressure was new and accompanied by more pain then usual which is why it was concerning me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
call your midwife! That's what she's there for!
Besides, if you are just being "paranoid," she can offer you some reassurance and maybe give you some advice on how to cope. That's what I would do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.