Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>So for the past few weeks I can't seem to get the worry/feeling out of my mind that this baby is going to come early. Both of my other children came 2 weeks later then my due date so my history doesn't point to early delivery BUT I just can't shake the feeling.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone else??? Anyone put stock in these types of feelings?</p>

·
Registered
919 Posts
<p>Well, I *knew* my son was going to be born on a full moon and I sensed it would be early January...I was right, he came a few days after his due date on the full moon.  This time around, I feel like it'll be probably early March (I'm due last day of February).</p>

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
<p>Last time I was CERTAIN that DD was going to arrive in late January. We made it to Feb. 4th before her arrival. This time around I'm not certain...</p>

·
Registered
901 Posts
<p>I was sure dd was coming early and she stayed put until 41 weeks.  Mama-tuition certainly is valid though!</p>

·
Registered
502 Posts
<p>A friend from high school delivered her baby at 28 weeks exactly a month ago. A couple days after she was born and before I found out how great she is doing I ended up at the hospital, there were concerns of a possible placental abruption and then concerns that I was leaking amniotic fluid, all I could think of was the pictures I saw of my friends baby hooked up to all of the tubes and with really unnatural looking orange/brown skin :( Even though they found nothing wrong I still can't shake the fear of preterm labor (doesn't help that I was in a minor car accident on Tuesday).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thankfully her baby is doing amazingly well. I keep reminding myself how well she is doing every time I start to get panicky about preterm labor. Hope that is helpful to read. Still scary to think about though! </p>

·
Registered
807 Posts
<p>I feel that way all the time... :shrug</p>

·
Registered
326 Posts
<p>Yeah, I've also been there, done that.  DS was a 28-weeker.  I'm 27 weeks now and pretty much okay - probably because I have a daily reminder of how well 28-weekers turn out. I haven't even allowed myself to consider what having a term baby would be like, because I don't want to have to deal with the grief that came with losing my pregnancy at 27 weeks last time when I expected to go all the way.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you're really worried about it, I would avoid Dr. Google like the plague.  One of the blessings of our NICU stay was that we knew enough to just listen to our doctors and nothing else, so we were only aware of the issues that DS was having (and none of the ones that he wasn't).  Every baby's NICU journy is so individual, and lots of stuff CAN happen but often doesn't.  All you need to know is that these days at 28 weeks a baby has a 90% chance of being perfect at the end of the NICU.  It's a long, hard road, but the overwhelming majority of these stories have a happy ending now.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts