Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
Hi there! The stress of miscarriage is so strong. I agree with the philosophy that if I miscarry this wasn't the one but I also got pregnant really easily and I am 32 so there's a great deal less pressure.

I am not really doing anything in particular. I have a little bit of cramping which always freaks me out but I think it is normal to some degree. I am still nursing my 22 month old so I have been taking prenatals since I conceived with him. I am being more diligent with them now. I have stopped drinking and smoking pot (which seems like a fairly obvious move towards maternal health but thought I would mention it). I went for a run today for the first time in two weeks and it kicked my butt but I think I am doing better today because if it. I only run for 20 minutes on a treadmill at this awesomely cheap local gym but it makes me feel like a total sporty spice.

When I got pregnant before, I was taking a combination of witch hazel, yarrow and vitex. When I got a BFP my midwife recommended that I stop taking it immediately so it gives me a little pause that you are taking the vitex. Has someone recommended that to you? Do you have a care provider who isn't so wrapped up in western medicine that they are open to it?

These next few weeks are going to be tough! The increased discharge from pregnancy has me convinced a million times a day that I am bleeding. Then I go to the bathroom and thankfully nothing.

Something to keep in mind is that a little spotting doesn't always spell disaster. I bled for SO long with my first pregnancy. Seventeen weeks of nonstop blood. It was HORRIBLE. I had a zillion ultrasounds because I was so wigged out. I am trying to be cooler and calmer with this one but it isn't easy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.