Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The closer I get to my due date, the more I've been thinking about my first miscarriage. It was a fairly early miscarriage (around 7-8 weeks), but it was a natural miscarriage, so I miscarried at home and had mild "labor" pains before passing the intact sac with the baby. I'm worried that labor is going to stir up all those emotions again, as it was the hardest experience I've ever gone through.<br><br>
Has anyone else experienced this? How did you come to terms with it?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I also had a natural miscarriage at home, and I can tell you it was the furthest thing from my mind during labor. Even though I had the same fears as you heading up to it in the last few weeks, once it started it was not an issue. And I'm someone who had your typical hospital failed induction leading to c-section type of labor with it's own set of negative feelings. If you are able to have the birth experience you want, labor could be a vastly healing experience. And the best healing experience for the emotional scar of a miscarriage has been having my wonderful little boy full of so much vitality, however he came into the world.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts