Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started EC with my dd at about 2 months old. We did great for awhile til I moved cross country and got off track. When I tried to start again she wasn't interested. She suddenly has a STRONG aversion to diapers. She screams when I put one on and has now figured out how to remove anything I put on her. She's 8months now so she's past the "prime window" for ec. I recently tried again with her and caught 2 pees. BUT they were both lucky guesses. She has NO signals at all to tell me when she needs to go (the only way I knew in the beginning was that she'd pull off when nursing, but she only nurses for 2 seconds at a time now) The other day she was naked cause she was refusing diapers again and she ever so siletly pooped and began playing in it! (insert puking smiley here) So how do I ec the older baby that has no signals. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Give it time, you'll find your rhythm again. When we started I didn't see any signs either and went largely off timing. As they get older they get better bladder control. Try just offereing her the potty every hour or so. While there are some sneeky silent poops from time to time- my guy's pre-poop gas usually gives him away in the department- usually!!

ETA: This post isn't very reassuring for me, who will have to put her diaper-free 9 mo old back into diapers for daycare....I hope they're open to offering pottytunities!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.