Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm due with #2 in May and wanted to get some ideas for stocking my freezer with paleo meals for postpartum. I would like to do a couple months worth, but even a month would be nice...just frozen meals for dinner. I think breakfast and lunch will be pretty easy. I do a little bit of grain, but during this pregnancy I have had a hard time with it so I have been pretty strictly primal(I still eat potatoes, dairy and starchy stuff though). DS has issues with dairy and we are gluten free, so I need some ideas! Right now during pregnancy tomatoes aren't settling well. I'm hoping that goes away postpartum!</p>

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
<p>Meatloaf freezes really well.  I use grated veggies instead of bread crumbs.  Coconut flour biscuits freeze well too and go great with the meatloaf.  Any kind of soup/stew/chili would be good.  Souvlaki freezes ok too, you just need to mix up some greek yogurt sauce for it while you reheat it (greek yogurt, splash of red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, maybe minced cucumber or parsley),</p>

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
<p>Salmon patties made from wild-caught canned or fresh, if you have access.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ginger beef- strips or stewed beef (we use bison), lots of wee chunks of ginger, red pepper, julienne carrots, bone broth, and greens you like or string beans.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cabbage rolls stuffed with ground meat and shredded or chunks of veggies. Zucchini is nice. Lots of black pepper and some garlic.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Pork chops with lots of chunky baked apples, warming spices that you like- ginger, nutmeg, cloves, or rosemary, etc...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Liverwurst frozen into single servings, later to be spread on romaine-style leaves, add slice of cold butter, add mustard, salt, pepper.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Stuffed just-about-anything: peppers, apples (with chicken and almonds), squash, tomatoes, onions, etc...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Lots of roasts, pork shoulder, whole chickens. Sausages are super easy too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think I read that you have a smoker. I'd be smoking fish of every sort. :)</p>

·
Registered
155 Posts
<p>Meatballs</p>
<p>Beef stew - no potatoes</p>
<p>Chili</p>
<p>Roman style chicken: <a href="http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/roman-style-chicken-recipe/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/roman-style-chicken-recipe/index.html</a></p>
<p>Chicken soup</p>
<p>Pulled pork</p>
<p>Breakfast egg casserole</p>

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
<p>Last time I froze some liver pates and meatloafs. I may try and freeze a lot of broths. I am due in 2 months and want to make freezer meals but it sounds overwhelming to me for some reason.</p>

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
<p>Yeah lots of broth!  I find bone brotha pain to make often, so when I make it I take few days and make up to 10 gallons at a time.  Soup is a great after baby food.  I remember when I was being stitched up by my midwife, dh was holding 30 minute old lotus birth ds while making soup in the other room.  The cutest thing I ever saw.  I just couldnt hold him at the moment and he was as happy as could be in Dh's arms.  We had pre frozen chicken chunks and broth with veggies.  It was so nourishing.</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts