Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if private colleges are required to accept exemptions with respect to vaxing?<br><br>
I am seriously considering not vaxing our baby at all. We are in NY and can claim personal religious for an exemption. But will this affect our dd getting into private colleges later? I know that state colleges have to accept the exemption, but what about private colleges?

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Good question....I'm not sure. If they accept federal funding, I would think they still had to since vax excemptions are a federal law. However, there are 2 countries in the nation that do not accept any federal funding...I went to one of them (Hillsdale College in Hillsdale Michigan). They probably don't have to accept the exemption (they also don't have to follow affirmative action, etc.) because they don't accept any money at all from the government, allowing them to set up their own policies regarding discrimination and acceptance...

·
Registered
24,471 Posts
Your baby is probably ready for college by now.

The federal govt sets policy - not law - for all things health.

All private colleges get federal funding of some kind except ONE in the US.

A private college can set its own policies for vaccinations and health of its incoming students, but most have problems keeping enrollment numbers up.

Reactions: Bow and Deborah
1 - 3 of 3 Posts