Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure to post this and I am very embarressed by this problem. After Dh and I have intercourse I have a rather strong vaginal odor. I thought that I might have a bacterial infection but now I do not think that is the case. We abstained for almost 2 weeks and I smelled "normal". Now after last night the odor is back. I am wondering if it might be him. I have read that a change in his diet might help...mainly avoiding meats but, I know he won't stop eating meat. Would it help to have him take a probiotic? Are there any other remedies out there??? I hate this and it's ridiculous because he gets to go about his days without the slightest affect and here I am feeling very selfconscious. In the past I have rinsed the area with cider vinager but I am pregnant and not sure if that is a good idea. Thanks.

·
Banned
423 Posts
Yes taking acidophilus will help some if both of you take large doses daily for a month or so.<br>
There needs to be a diagnosis done,it could be an indication of yeast/candida or an STD................. and you are giving it back and forth to each other by contact. It is suppose to 'smell' neutral not a strong odor.<br>
Sometimes during a menstrual cycle this might be the case due to hormone flux.<br><br>
Tyler

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had candida problems in the past so that could be it. I do not have any symptoms of a yeast infection. I talked with my doctor about it at my last prenatal appt. and he wasn't overly concerned but maybe I should revisit it at my next appt. There is no chance that it is an STD because Dh and I were virgins until marriage and have remained faithful without question.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I am pregnant as mentioned above and there were a bunch of blood tests done at my first appt. Don't they test for STD's or am I mistaken. I know there can be a hormonal flux due to pregnancy but this happened before I was preg too and I only had one period before I got pregnant for the second time.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
have your practitioner check for bacterial vaginosis. it's rather common during pregnancy, and the strong odor post-coitus is pretty indicative of it. and like the previous posters indicated, it could even be a low level yeast infection that flares up after dtd. your caregiver can test for either.<br><br>
good luck, mama! there's an easy natural fix either way, but you should find out what you're dealing with first.

·
Banned
423 Posts
Yes if you have had problems with candid/yeast prior (most likely from taking antibiotics) It does not JUST GO AWAY. As a female goes through hormonal changes like being pregnant,symptoms can flare up again.<br>
There are dietary changes that need to be considered if it is candida/yeast No dairy,no sugars,no breads,bakery items.<br><br>
Tyler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts