Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm 35 weeks.  As of 19 weeks I had a complete previa.  At 27 weeks it was 7mm away from the cervix opening.  At 32 weeks it is still sitting at 7mm away from the opening.  They are going to do one more ultrasound at 37 weeks.  The midwife said she would be very surprised if it moved enough to allow me to try to deliver naturally, she wants to see at least 2cm.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So most likely I will have a c-section at 39 weeks.  I'm trying to write a birth plan, that will make my daughters birth special.  This is my first child.  I would like to ask them to delay clamping the cord, but I don't know what to expect since I have an anterior placenta. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also any recommendations on ways to make a c-section birth special?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
<p>It's a birth.  All births are special.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would ask your midwife about delayed cord clamping.  She's likely to have a sense of what the related issues and hospital policies are.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are there things you would want at a vaginal birth that can be carried over to the section? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>There are a bunch of suggestions out there about asking them to lower the drape so that you can see the baby emerge, and to let you help push the baby out of the uterus with your hands.  If those work for you, absolutely ask about them!  (If not, don't feel bad.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had an emergency section, and despite the rush and the fact that I was at a hospital chosen by EMTs for proximity and appropriate facilities, they were willing to do a bunch of things.  They let my husband see and call the sex of the baby.  They brought the baby to us as soon as they could so that DH could hold her where I could kiss her.  Had she not needed the NICU (she was early), she'd have left the OR when I did and come with me to recovery.  Talk to your midwife about what hospital policies and procedures are, and how the standard practices can be changed if you want them to be.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts