Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some opinions please! I can not seem to get rid of my UTI's. AAAHHHH....and I hear that probiotics are helpful when you have to take a lot of antibitocs, so are there any that are not safe in pregnancy and do different brands of probiotics make a difference?<br>
I also am so confused on this sandwich deli meat thing. I really want a turkey sandwich and an italian sandwich. When I do order them I just make sure to get them heated. That should take care of any bacteria that might be on it, right? What do you think?

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I'm not an expert on this subject, but I do usually take Nature's Way Probiotics with Bifidus. I take 6 a day when I'm treating something. I have heard that you should not take the probiotics at the same time as your antibiotics since they will negate each other. You should be fine to stagger them throughout the day, however. On the deli meat, I've never really heeded that one during any of my pregnancies, but yes, I believe that it would be fine if you heat it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
As far as the probiotics...they should help you greatly. Make sure you buy them from wholefoods or something similar where you know they are quality. There are so many different strains and I heard some of them are not great. I would trust your health food store.<br><br>
For the deli meats. My doc said that you should steer clear od actual delis that slice the meats because there is alot of room for cross contamination. He said the packaged stuff is safe though.....<br><br>
I also had a UTI recently and had to take antibiotics. Mine just never went away and kept rearing it's ugly head so my doc wanted to get rid of it so it didn't cause any problems later on. I didn't want to take antibiotics-but what can ya do? He said it was safe for pregnancy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts