Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vet recommended I give my dog Pet Flora -- a probiotic. Its $20 for 16 capsules so I was trying to find a more cost effective source. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've been watching this hoping someone would post a suggestion, but why couldn't you just feed him some plain whole yogurt? The cultures would probably be just as active, but then again, I'm not a vet (nor do I pretend to be) so hopefully someone who has alot of experience with this stuff will answer.

I know yogurt fixes steers with acidosis, and they usually give them humongous probiotic pills for that...

I guess I'll continue eating popcorn (don't I wish haha)
:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurel723

I know yogurt fixes steers with acidosis, and they usually give them humongous probiotic pills for that...

I absolutly no help to the OP, but we give yogurt to any cows or bulls that bloat, mixed with a little baking soda and water, it really jump starts their rumen function.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking the issue might be that my dog can't eat any human food without vomiting or diarreha. So we are going the supplement route to get her in check. She has serious intestinal issues.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
I would highly recommend Bio-K. It has the most live cultures of any probiotics. You can get it at Whole Foods and it'll be cheaper than that (and more effective!). I give it to my pets, children..and myself of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts