Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to start my son on probiotics (the Klaire Labs brand)

He is EBF. Should I start him on them when he starts eating solids? I haven't been able to find any info on this. He doesn't have any issues with digestion etc, however I don't eat fruits or veggies and don't have the best diet.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Is it specifically for infants? The infant gut needs different strains. I would just let baby suck a bit of the powder of your finger once a week. They dont need much when they are EBF. Once solids are started then I would do a full dose twice a week mixed in food.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Breastmilk contains probiotics. I would not be starting them on a young baby with no specific issues.

Your diet will not have much impact on the nutritional value of your breastmilk however, for your own ongoing health I would suggest you put your energies into improving your own diet. You'll have a toddler soon and you'll need all the energy you can get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
How about boosting your own probiotics in food form like making kefir and saurkraut/pickled veggies? (Or storebought good quality ones?) Then you can give your little one a bit of the pickle juice in soup or broth when they are introduced to solids.

A great website resource is culturedfoodlife.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts