Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason (these are maybe 2 months old) the Aplix on my BG 2.0 OS is splitting apart... that is, where the aplix is sewn back to back, the seam is breaking... so it's still usable but there is kind of like a flap of aplix that comes up, which is extremely annoying. Anyone else have this problem? I've been trying to stitch them back together, but the aplix is also difficult to sew through by hand, imo, so I've been sort of lazy about it. Suggestions? Commiserations?

·
Registered
915 Posts
I would contact the manufacturer about it....I think there is a repair kit you can get for free. I don't have that issue with my BG's but I also don't use them a lot.....they are our "out of the house" dipes and we don't leave that often so they don't get used every day. If I had more wear and tear on mine, I might have that issue as well. I've heard other people say this same exact thing about the velcro on the BG's before so I know it's not just you. If you are ever looking into getting different OS pocket dipes, the Haute pocket OS dipe is pretty nice....the velcro on it seems nicer to me. I prefer my BG 2.0 OS dipes to my Haute pockets though....mainly because I like that my BG's have 3 snaps to snap the rise down and the Haute pocket only has two (I find that it's a tad bulkier in the front because of that but not by a lot) and now I have BG 2.0's with fleece inners so I use them before I use my Haute's.....but if I used my pocket dipes all the time, I might start preferring my Haute's because I think they are made a little better and might hold up better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts