Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>On a recommendation we bought a Blueberry pocket diaper for a new overnight option for DD.  It comes with two bamboo inserts.  We tried using it a few times, but when DD tries to sleep on her side (which is her favorite sleeping position), the diaper is too stiff between her legs for them to close and she ends up on her back again.  She tries and tries until she wakes herself up.  Has anyone else had this problem?  We really (REALLY) can't afford to buy a bunch of things if they're not going to work and really (REALLY) don't want to keep using a disposable overnight as a quick fix.  Is there a different insert option that would work better?  We'd also considered asking for a Happy Hempy's fitted for Christmas.  Will that be soft enough for her to close her legs?  (We use Flips for daytime and haven't had this problem.)</p>

·
Registered
615 Posts
<p>they probably soften with repeated washings- I had that problem with my hemp. Also, putting them in the dryer also helps.</p>
<p> I have the swaddlebees doublers bamboo/cotton blend I think and they get stiff when I line dry but that's the only time I noticed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>with a side sleeper, any kind of pocket might be a bad solution overnight, they tend to leak because there is no stuffing on the sides. I have only tried 2 kinds of pockets and DD is usually wet up her sides if I don't put covers on them so now for overnights I use fitteds with lots of doublers and either fleece or wool on top.</p>

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
<p>None of our bamboo diapers are stiff at all, but we don't own anything by that brand.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Happy Hempy's are very stiff and scratchy, and my son has reactions to hemp against his skin.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have you just tried stuffing the pocket with a prefold?</p>

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>I haven't tried a prefold.  We've actually never used them.  Will it be able to hold up for the whole night? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>As for the Happy Hempy's, Coyotemist, DD has very sensitive skin, so I bet she would react badly also.  Is there a brand of fitted that you do like?  (P.S.  If you do see this response, I think you were the one on a different thread who mentioned a swallowing disorder.  I'd really like to hear more about your experience with that if you have time to PM me.)</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts