Mothering Forum banner

Problems with Ex

795 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tery 
What a tough situation! He tried to give your son alcohol? and has him on the floor of the car while he drives? This has got to be mentioned in court! You are completely right in all of your concerns.

Your ex telling your son to hit girls, etc.... that's just insane.

Is there a women's resource center/shelter where you are, so you can at least ask questions and get advice?

I understand your fear that the disagreements between both of you will harm your child - I've worried about that, too. But hopefully your child will be with you most of the time, and you will have the biggest influence. You can show your child that you disagree with "Dad" without insulting Dad (not that you are) - you can just tell him you've learned to be safe and healthy.

It sounds like you've been getting bad advice from the "professionals" you've spoken with so far. The hotline was not helpful, and "the psychologist told me that I must not affect our son's attitude and wait for him to decide if he prefers to be like me or him..." What in the world? You're not affecting your son's attitude by teaching him to be safe and respectful to others. DO NOT be afraid to continue to be a strong, good example for your son. You ARE doing the right thing, no matter what those people around you say. Keep reaching out for support in your area, and I truly hope you find it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.