Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally excited! About a month ago I bought a really cool shirt on Etsy that was so beautifully packaged/presented that I asked the seller who did her branding/design work. Happened that she did it herself, and I ended up hiring her to do mine.

I paid $200. I got the following designed for me:

A custom drawn logo (little superdude) by her artist husband
An Avatar
Banner for Etsy
Banner for my blog
Business card
hang tags
packaging suggestions
label for packaging
promotional buttons.

I've ordered all the packaging (brown pillow boxes with neutral ribbon), biz cards, labels, etc. and can't wait for them to arrive. I feel like having my capes "branded" will really make me look more professional when people recieve them, as opposed to just a crafter, you know? I still have to get my website to match my new theme, though.

I have been designing my own b-cards, banners, etc. up until now and it was so nice to not have to struggle with getting everything just right, you know?

Yippee for hiring other people to do stuff for you!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ell-Bell View Post
Thanks! Did you see my new little Superdude? I love him.

One thing I was amazed at is the cost of actually ordering all the stuff. Biz cards, labels, etc. and the SHIPPING! yikes.
OMGosh he is too adorable! love it!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you mean where I bought them from, or who designed them?

I bought the labels at US Box... I'm having some issues with them and actually have not completed the order yet. They are by far the cheapest (it's not cheap to get good labels printed!) but their customer service sucks.

The hang tags are Moo mini cards which are super cool. They have a spot for 6 lines on the back- just enough space for washing instructions. You can upload a bunch of photos or designs and have them print up 100 for $20, any combination of the different styles. Pretty cool!

The boxes are from... I can't remember right now. I'll post that later. They are brown pillow boxes. There are lots of places to get cool boxes online.

The buttons/magnets I'm getting from The Promo Shop on Etsy. Really great prices, and they look great.

Everything is reasonably priced, but it still adds up. The rough part is shipping! I was charged $10-$20 for shipping alone with each order. Except the buttons, I think Etsy people are more reasonable!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I noticed your new design when I added your banner to my site. Very cool! I agree with hiring someone. I still do some of my IRL design but I am so glad I hired someone to integrate my hyena cart with my website. It would have taken me forever to do myself. Great not to have fuss over every little thing.

I use NW Tag & Label for my stuff. They are in PDX so no shipping and very nice.

And of course, MDC mama's Flutterby Designs makes all kinds of promo items like magnets etc. And Brenda is very nice too

You're on your way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.