Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the store yesterday I saw a couple of products designed to hold the pump against the breast. I'm going back to school full-time in a couple of weeks and will be pumping.
One of the products was made by Easy Expression and was a bustier/bra thing. There was another one(I forget the brand name) that went around your neck and held the pump. The bustier was around $35; the neck thing was around $13. So I'm wondering if these types of products are worth it- it seems like they definitely would be- and I'm wondering if any of you have used either of these ones I saw(or any other kinds) and would recommend them. I'd rather get the cheaper one, obviously, but not if it doesn't work as well.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I don't know what the thing around the neck is but I had the easy expressions boustier and it was very helpful. Not only could I read or make phone calls while pumping, I could also turn the suction up or down and easily turn the pump off without spilling milk everywhere.

I had this bra and it sucks. http://www.leadinglady.com/handsfree/

It doesn't really hold the horns securely and its really lumpy looking and has bad support as a bra.

This is the good one, it keeps the horns nice and snug: http://www.easyexpressionproducts.com/

it takes an extra minute to put on before you pump but i liked wearing a different bra when not pumping.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I don't use any hands free stuff because I do quick sessions (don't have time to be unavailable for very long, can't keep office door locked for very long, etc.). But if I were doing longer sessions that handsfree stuff would come in handy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I made my own out of a cheap walmart sports bra. I am not much of a semastress and I pulled it off. I followed a plan on a web site, let me see if I can find it. If so I will post again

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I actually used a snug fitting sports bra and cut holes where the horns went.
It served it's purpose very well and was super cheap, since it was a sports bra I already had.

I also pumped frequently (3x/day) for a year and it worked beautifully the entire time.

I wouldn't recommend using cotton though, I used a stretchy fabric (sorry, drawing a blank on the type.)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just want to add that making this bra was the single best decision I made as a BF mama!! It makes pumping SO much better. Plus my DH says it makes me look like his robo-babe. Ha ha. I would highly recommend doing it!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by peilover010202
I actually used a snug fitting sports bra and cut holes where the horns went.
It served it's purpose very well and was super cheap, since it was a sports bra I already had.

I also pumped frequently (3x/day) for a year and it worked beautifully the entire time.

I wouldn't recommend using cotton though, I used a stretchy fabric (sorry, drawing a blank on the type.)
Me too. It's the type of fabric that doesn't ruffle up (or something like that, English is not my first language), so only scizzors needed.

Carma

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.