Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how long it takes for progesterone meds to kick in?

last Thurs my levels were 10.6, started prog pills Fri, Tues level was 9 something.

my hcg is rising 2029 to 8,000 something (I got the call at Target so I don't remember the exact #)

the nurse said to keep at the same dose and that it just takes a while to kick in. Of course I don't believe it!

· Premium Member
2,430 Posts
For me, on a Thursday blood draw my levels were 11.something. I started suppositories on Friday. At a Tuesday blood draw, my levels were "over 20" which is all their test indicates. I have no idea what normal is.

Are you taking pills? That certainly sounds nicer, but I think the suppositories are supposed to be more effective. Maybe you could ask to switch to that....

· Registered
340 Posts
Mine was 15 and then went to 17 a week later and my Dr felt that was not a good enough increase so I upped my dosage. Your numbers are pretty low. I believe 10 is the lowest number considered "normal".

As Sage said progesterone is difficult to absorb in pill form, can you see if suppositories are an option. I am taking it sub-lingually and its freaking gross but I will do whatever it takes to stay pg.

· Premium Member
8,511 Posts
chel I wonder why our doctors gave us pill form if vag suppositories are supposed to be better? How much are you taking? I'm on prometrium 200mg once a day

I've been told that they want it at least over 20, I'm still waiting on a call back to get my exact #s, and then I'll have more bw on next weds.

· Registered
1,009 Posts
My levels at 16 dpo were only 11.6, so I'm now on Prometrium (200mg) twice a day that I take vaginally. I haven't had my levels retested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.