Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a bit of a muddle about progesterone, and need advice (soon!). I think I ovulated today or yesterday. My luteal phase is 8-10 days, so I'd like to take progesterone. I'm trying to get prescription supp., but my dr. is out of town, compounding pharmacy takes a couple of days, etc. My question is: is natural progesterone cream as good as the Rx? Could I start taking the cream, and then switch to supp.? Where does one buy npc?
Thanks so much!
Ellie

· Registered
778 Posts
Natural progesterone cream has a lower concentration of progesterone that's easier for the body to absorb, so it's good for people who haven't been formally diagnosed with an LP defect ( plus progesterone supplements have worse side effects).

I get mine at my local health food store - I use 'emerita pro-gest' brand.

You could use the cream for now and switch to the supplement later if your doctor recommends it, but I think most people, unless they have other medical circumstances, use NPC for an LP defect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.