Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use them? I got a quote online that was great, but I'm wondering if they are a good company. If you ever filed a claim were they timely? Pay out what was fair? Give you a hassle? And as for the quote - did they honor it? Raise your rates immediately? Give you a hassle?

Is there another company you would suggest?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
We have them.
I was hit and the guy didn't want to pay or have his insurance involved.
My company called his company and his company got us paid right quick.
My company kept calling making sure everything has going well and that we where well taken care of.

Dh got hit by a deer, again we where well taken care. They even do check up calls a couple of weeks later.

Every time we buy a different rig we check out insurance companies to see whats the best price we can get. Progressive was cheap, and good.

If we end up moving we will again shop around as our insurance will double at the place we would be moving.

·
Registered
423 Posts
We've been with Progressive for more than 5 years, and we have been SO happy with them. We've not had any major accidents in that time, but two major-ish fender benders. In one case the fault was mine, and in one it was someone else's - both times Progressive was much more available and responsive than the other company! Plus, in neither case did our rates go up. And I had a stupid "bump" accident a year or so ago that they forgave completely (doesn't count as an accident, so no chance of rates going up)! I love them!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I've had progressive for 5 years now. Our ins rate is awesome and the customer service end is wonderful. I was hit at a gas station and that night, a friday evening, a progressive agent was at my door to look over the car and to explain to me the process. Oh and I wasn't at fault, the other drive was. They were a great go between when the other ins company, State Farm wanted me to take my car to a specific shop and not get genuine gm parts to replaced the damage. They've been upfront about everything and I've never had any issues.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
They are based here in town, and I can say their emp. benefits are AWESOME but they work you hard

We've been customers for several years, and haven't had an issue, their rates are always better than the other people, even the guy dh had been with since he was 16... extremely prompt with helpign us out and the rep even stopped over to our home on the way home from work to drop off a copy of our claim.

If it means anything, their call centers are all US based (at least they were 4 mo ago when I chcked).

·
Registered
69 Posts
There are two companies that are Progressive. One is Drive insurance and you have an agent and it is much more expenseive than Progressive Direct which you can buy on-line or call their customer service directly. Had Drive for six years and just switched to Direct for a cheaper rate but same great service.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I used to sell insurance for a competitor and dh works in claims for a different company. What I know from being in the industry is that if you have a spotty driving history, Progressive will give you the cheapset rate. If you have a perfect driving history, Progressive is not the best for you. That is at least true in Virginia but it will probably depend on where you live. I have never heard anything bad about their claims or customer service, though. Oh, and ditto on really working the employees hard. We have a Progressive call center here and so many people that used to work there came to dh's company for less pay. HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.