Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site, but I have heard a lot of great things about it. I am a mom to a 3 year old boy named Ian who is thankfully still nursing. I should still be pregnant with my second son Lewis. I wasn't due until this Tuesday December 9th, but I lost him on 11/11/08 from a prolapsed cord. So now I am going to be joining the ranks of those trying to conceive again except I have to wait for a while because I had an emergency C-section done at the hospital to no avail because I was in the pushing stage when I arrived and there had been too much pressure on the cord for too long a time. But I do know that I am completely clueless about all the jargon and abbreviations about ovulating and menstruating that I have read on here. I am simply hoping that I will be able to get pregnant easily again towards the end of the year because it is the only way I see myself getting through this and feeling good about my body again because honestly I loved being pregnant.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I am totally with you. I had an emergency c section as well, and we are looking to get pregnant fairly soon too. If I'm not already... On 10/10, I had the section.

Just make sure you're healed before you conceive - I know it's SO hard to wait, but try to hang on as long as you can, before the feeling becomes overwhelming! That's sometimes the best you can do, but it's definitely better than having the worry that the section isn't fully healed.

My thoughts are with you. You're in a band on women here who understand.

*HUGS hugs*
XXX

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I lost beautiful Emma Faith on 10/14/08 (probably due to a cord compression of some sort too, we aren't sure). I love being pregnant too - and hope that feeling will carry me through a difficult nine months next time.

Welcome here, just ask for any abbreviations. The ladies here are lovely and a veritable fount of knowledge.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Bianchi, I'm so sorry for your loss.
I don't know if you intend to VBAC in the future, so if you do... know that some states have guidelines for ttc after a cesarean. Here in MT, women who want to work with a homebirth midwife, will have to wait a certain number of months (like 2 years or something nuts) to conceive. This is the guideline established by our state board that governs alternative careproviders.

Welcome to the group. I'm sorry you have to be here, but I know you'll find comfort and support.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
bianchi26 - I always hate to see a new 'face' here.. but welcome to our world! I'm so sorry about Lewis. I also had a cesarean, but it wasn't an emergency. I went in for lack of movement in my son and found no heartbeat at 39 weeks. Since I'd already had a c-section with my daughter I opted for the 2nd one, knowing that I couldln't wait to meet my sweet Dresden and the physical pain of birth with the emotional pain of losing him would have just been too much for me at the time. I'm charting now again and waiting to ovulate. I hope a bunch of us can be pregnant together, so we can all continue our journeys and be support for each other!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
SMR, that makes a LOT of sense to me... ugh, I just can't even imagine the heartbrokenness you've all felt and continue to feel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I did find out some information from my awesome La Leche League friends about the guidelines in VA about VBACs. Apparently, there are no restrictions on when you can try a VBAC after a caesarean in VA. So that made me feel a little better although I am certainly not going to try to push any limits because I know my body needs to heal after everything. This may sound silly, but through my whole pregnancy (which sometimes seems like maybe it was a figment of my imagination) I was educating my 3 yr old son on how babies are made and born, how they are supposed to be born anyways. So I really feel like he needs that reinforced through my future pregnancy and understand that is how it works just like I hope that he always remembers he was breastfed and knows that babies are fed at the breast.

Oh, abbreviations...BFP, AF...? I am absolutely clueless. I got a couple. OPK ov pred kit. DH dear hubby. O ovul Is there a legend somewhere that I am missing? I've always been bad at figuring this stuff out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Bianchi26! So sorry to hear about your loss. I too, like SMR, lost my child at 37 weeks, with no known cause. Although I wished I could've had my child naturally, I had to have an emergency C-Section because my cervix was blocked. When the ordeal was all said and done, boy was I glad that I did have the C-Section, having the baby naturally would have just torn me to shreds. Although I wasn't trying to conceive, three months after the ordeal, I found out that I was pregnant. Because we didn't know why son died during conception, my doctor and I decided to schedule my C-Section for my next child also at 37-weeks. Although he was 3 weeks early, he was almost 10 lbs. He's 21 months to date and healthy. I'm not sure of what faith persuasion you belong to, if any, but it was my faith that saw me through that most difficult time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm so sorry that you are here. My son died in labor in April, likely due to a compressed cord, though it wasn't obvious so we'll never know what really happened. I had a crash c-section and woke up to find out that he was dead. My OB and MWs advised me to wait 6 months. At 5 months, I questioned my OB again, and she said to go ahead. I conceived at 6 months and am 9 weeks along. I will probably have a repeat c/s.

Many hugs to you during this difficult journey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.