Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here use Proloquo2Go?<br><br>
My son needs some help with learning to communicate better and someone suggested this app. He won't be carrying his own iPhone or anything. I just want it on a larger screen to help him while he's with me.<br><br>
(I don't have the iPad yet but am hoping to get one through a grant next month).<br><br>
Thank you!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought it and have it on an iTouch. My son is nearly 4 and he is keen to use it but cannot use it effectivley yet. He has trouble isolating the keys we wants to touch because of fine motor difficulties. He often rests his palm on the screen and therefore touches other buttons inadvertantly. The iPad might be better since the buttons would be larger and easier to isolate.<br><br>
I think it is an awesome product but you will have to spend alot of time customizing it, simplifying the menus because the program is so vast. The fact you can customize it is one of the best features by far.<br><br>
Learning to use an AAC device for the first time is like learning a whole new language. There are different techniques for starting out, depending on the age of your child and his abilities. I would recommend asking some guidance from an speech therapist in the beginning.<br><br>
If your son is older and comfortable with technology, touch screens, etc it will probably be really easy. I am just speaking from the perspective of a younger one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts