Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have fortunately been given several types of diaper/diaper covers.
I found information online for everything how to wash them etc., except for the Proraps. Great reviews, etc., but what goes into them? I could not find any Proraps inserts or anything? Do you use any cloth diaper or is there something specific for these ones?

Thanks!

· Registered
131 Posts
I love my Proraps! I'm using unbleached Indian prefolds in mine and wash them when they look dirty or start to smell. I also let them air dry instead of putting them in the dryer, although I don't think it would hurt them if I did. We're into our second size already and they've held up great so far!

· Registered
1,421 Posts
I bought proraps when we were cloth diapering (they were so much cheaper!) and they held up great. We did not use the dryer for them. They seemed to work better (less leaks) than other types we tried and last longer. In fact, some have literally been in daily use (by more than one kid!) for years. They are very boring (only came in white) compared to others, though.

· Premium Member
9,385 Posts
Those are great leakproof, durable covers. They last forever, and they work great. You can use most cloth diapers in them-- prefolds, flats, fitteds, or contours. You can also put the inserts for pocket diapers in them, if you want, although I think that's less common. Heck, in an emergency, I've been known to put (clean!) dish towels in them, when we run short of dipes.

Proraps does make colored covers, ya know, EmsMom. They run a bit smaller and the design is a little different, but they are out there.

· Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Llyra View Post
Those are great leakproof, durable covers. They last forever, and they work great. You can use most cloth diapers in them-- prefolds, flats, fitteds, or contours.

Thanks everyone--so basically I can just buy any type of cloth diaper to use in the Proraps? I am trying to learn all the terminology so thanks again!

Are there preferences between prefolds, flats, fitteds, or contours?

· Registered
821 Posts
Prowraps are the best covers ever!

For that price, anyone can cloth diaper.

I always wondered why Bummis were so popular when they leaked so bad!! Prowraps never leak! They are awesome! Super great workhorse never fail diaper cover. You can wash and dry them on hot, and not worry about ruining anything. They fit well, contain poos, and work well overnight too.

You can use them over CPF's (Prefolds), or fitted diapers, or contoured diapers too!

Although, over fitted diapers, I really like pull-on covers like Dappi pull-on covers, or pull on fleece or wool covers. Handknit Wool Soakers over fitteds are the best!

· Registered
1,598 Posts
I liked my prowraps.
I preferred Nikky's especially for night. They are a bit more expensive and found them superior. But for daytime and the price I feel Prowraps are a worthy cover. If I were diapering again -- I would again buy them.

· Registered
1,351 Posts
Here is the website for Pro Services the makers of prowraps: http://www.prodiaper.net/

I adore my prowraps. I wash them on hot and line dry although they have been through the dryer once or twice on accident. I use them with prefolds and sometimes flats - super cheap and bomb proof. I've tried expensive dipes but I love this simple system more than anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.