Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad just got an operation to remove cancer cells from his prostate
Like I mentioned before, half of the male in my family are circumcised the other half are not. Guess what? My dad belongs to the ones that ARE circumcised while the intact ones are healthy and not even suffering from other illenesses (side of my moms family). And what a coincidence all of the circumcised male in my family are suffering from either lupus, diabetes, cancer, blood pressure, cholesterol, you name it - not that I am now claiming that circumcision is the cause of these diseases but I am just trying to make a point. According to circinfo.net, circumcision prevents prostate cancer AND breast cancer? I mean, people really believe that stuff?

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
The myths die hard

I am sorry about your dad

·
Registered
410 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by robertandenith View Post
According to circinfo.net, circumcision prevents prostate cancer AND breast cancer? I mean, people really believe that stuff?

How in the world did people come up with the idea that circ prevents breast cancer? That's one of the most far fetched things that I've ever heard!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Circ prevents breast cancer? How did that myth start?

Maybe......like this?

Men don't get breast cancer as often as women. Men are circed. Circ prevents breast cancer.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I just looked it up on circinfo. net, here's what he has to say

Quote:
Ten studies since 1999 have documented high-risk HPVs in breast tumours [331]. The type(s) in breast were identical to those in the cervix of women with cervical cancer [242, 622]. This led to the suggestion of transmission during sexual activity [281]. In support of this women with HPV-positive breast cancer are significantly younger than those with HPV-negative breast cancer [332]. Thus an uncircumcised male partner may also increase a woman's risk of breast cancer, which is a very common cancer in women.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire and Boys View Post
or how about we chop the penis off completely and that will reduce hiv, aids, and stds by 100%! yay! why stop at just the foreskin?
Now there is an idea!!! We'd also cut out infidelity in men.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
if you did it at birth, they'd never know what they were missing. After all, the brain is the most important sex organ of all (been told this by pro circs to justify cutting off sensitive tissue, it doesn't matter because they still have THE BRAIN!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.