Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At our Montessori school, I help out with the kids ages 3-6.<br>
They have a 'psychomotor' class twice a week where they go to another room filled with tons of foamy blocks...all different sizes.<br>
However, they are just set free in this room to run and jump and basically go nuts!!<br>
Is there any rhyme or reason to this sort of play? Should it actually be more structured? I am thinking that the teachers are actually just lazy and enjoy sitting back for one hour and letting the kids go wild. However, I am new to Montessori and don't wanna step on any toes.<br><br>
I would, however, like to approach the director and ask her what is a good idea of a psychomotor skills class. I feel if I approached her with some ideas in mind, I would sound as though i am uneducated about the subject.<br><br>
Please let me know how psychomotor classes are conducted in your school. thanks!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
There are no psychomotor classes in our school. There are several periods during the day where the kids go outside for free play. This is unstructured time, during which they can do what they want, short of hurting themselves or each other. I

1 - 2 of 2 Posts