Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a lot of pubic symphysis pain today. Ugh! It's very sharp and pretty consistent while I'm standing. It sure seems early for THIS!

· Registered
2,840 Posts
ME TOO!!!!...I was quite worried! It hurts, I actually forgot how much it feels like someone is stabbing you inside, yeah anyways!

Talked to the midwife and she was like yup its early, but not for your second, your body just gives up after the first and doesnt fight things like it did with the first...how true

· Registered
1,385 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemnesia View Post
Hey can I ask a stupid question? Is that when it feels like the bones near your crotch hurt?
If it is, that's hurt for a few weeks now for me, feels like I got kicked in the crotch really hard... constantly.

· Registered
413 Posts
Mine has started a bit, too. Last time it didn't until nearly 40 weeks and postpartum it was bad, but 20?! I started sleeping with the pillow between the legs this week.

I think mine was set off by overstretching in yoga--we were doing legs up the wall, and went into cobbler (knees open, feet together) and my instructor (not prenatal, a regular class) encouraged me to open my legs wide (I am very flexible and sometimes she puts me in different postures to achieve a deeper stretch). Anyway, I got a great inner groin stretch, nothing that felt bad at the time, but the pubic bone pain began that night, so I think I need to be careful about pulling apart in that area.

I know deep squatting is recommended (especially in Bradley method) but I think that is something to be careful about, too, if you have pelvic pain. I'm so bendy I can just drop down too deep and pull those bones right apart.

We also have to be careful about positions during, ahem, intimacy
Some can cause it to hurt more afterward due to overstretching. I am naturally flexible to begin with, and I think I make, like, twice the relaxin of a normal pregnant woman. It was a bonus when birthing my 9 lb. baby, though!

· Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EBeth0000 View Post
I know deep squatting is recommended (especially in Bradley method) but I think that is something to be careful about, too, if you have pelvic pain. I'm so bendy I can just drop down too deep and pull those bones right apart.
And I know it sounds funny, but squatting is a big part of my job. I squat about 100 times a day. Between the squatting and the fact this is baby 3, I guess I shouldn't wonder why the pain is so bad so early.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.