Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I've only posted on this forum once or twice but I was hoping you could help me with this situation.

My 9 y/o ds was diagnosed adhd 4 years ago, I'm seriously thinking he might have been misdiagnosed but that's a whole nother issue. Anyways, I'm trying to get him off his meds and looking into alternative treatments. He's starting to see a new chiropracter that is recommending alot of diet changes. I'm meeting with her next week to discuss this in detail but it sounds like the feingold diet from the little we discussed it on the phone. She's also recommending the addition of omega 3 and vitamin b.

So anyways the question really is how do you handle the public school when it comes to dietary changes? I know I'm going to have to send his lunch but there are times when kids and teachers bring in treats and I'm not sure how to handle this. Do I need to get medical documentation of his restrictions to give to his teacher and will this even do many any good or am I going to have to be on her butt to make sure she sticks to it? I know I need to discuss it with ds and make sure he knows what to avoid but in all honesty how do you keep a 9 year old from sneaking something that he really wants?

I'd appreciate any input you can give me.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I would definitely get medical documentation that he HAS to have a specific diet for health reasons. As for the sneaking "illegal" foods, well, maybe enzymes when he gets home from school, just in case?

Which diet are you going to be trying?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.