Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those whose kids are on pulmicort/ singulaire, what is their dosage and how often to they take pulmicort? Is pulmicort ever reduced to every other day?<br><br>
Right now my DD is on 4 mg singulaire and .25 mg pulmicort daily via neb.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Dosing depends on the kids and the severity of their respiratory disease or asthma. My DS1 (almost 6 years old), who has severe chronic obstructive lung disease as well as asthma, is on 0.5 mg Pulmicort twice daily, morning and night. We tried to wean him a while back down to just once daily and he had a major respiratory flare within a few days so his pulmo increased him back to twice daily. We will probably try to wean again at some point, I'm just not sure when. He takes 4 mg of Singulair daily as well. My DS2 (2 1/2 years old) is not on Singulair, but is on Pulmicort 0.5 mg once daily for his asthma. No talk of weaning yet but if he is stable for a while we might try, especially if he has an easier time during part of the year. He has more allergic triggers than our older son, though, so we will have to see. My niece, who is 5 1/2 years old, takes Flovent daily (steroid inhaler) as well as Singulair 4 mg. Her ped just said that if she has 4-5 months with no major flares of her asthma then they would try to wean her off the Flovent, unless my sister had major objections. (That timeframe would mean they would be trying to wean her during the fall/winter season when she has the most trouble, so they may wait until spring instead.) It's not looking good anyway right now for weaning my niece because she also has a lot of allergic triggers.<br><br>
HTH!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I would guess they would either just have you stop completely if you are already at the lowest possible dose and your dc was doing well, or do every other day if they thought your dc needed a more gradual wean, but no experience here yet with weaning completely so I don't really know! Sorry - not much help with that one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts