Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My DD is really tiny--she's 26 months and only 20 pounds--recently decided that she no longer wants to wear diapers.  She's been using the potty the majority of the time but occasionally will have a small accident.  I was going to put her in pull-ups for a little while to see how it goes, before investing in training pants.  I don't know if this is a phase or what.  I've tried a couple of brands of pull-ups and the smallest size, 2T-3T, is way too big.  Like, she puts it on and it falls off within a few steps. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>First question:  does anyone know of any pull-up brands that make really small sizes?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>OK, so if I can't find any, obviously we're going to have to move to training pants.  A lot of them seem expensive to be--like the $15-20 range.  The cheaper ones (under $10) seem to just be cotton underwear with a few extra layers in the middle panel.  I guess I'm looking for ones that contain the mess a little better, but aren't really expensive.  I do have twins, so if I get a few pairs for DD and her brother, we're talking around $120 for just some transitional underpants, basically!  I'm really trying to avoid that.  My older DD's potty learning experience was very different, so we ended up not using training pants until she was a lot bigger.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Second question:  can you give me any recommendations for lower-priced training pants?  Or sales or deals online?  What did you buy?</p>

·
Registered
441 Posts
<p>can't answer about small-sized pull-ups, but i can say that we just skipped right over those because they seemed no different than diapers. we just got the gerbers brand thick cotton training pants from target for less than $10 for 3 or 4 pairs. the times ds had accidents he was obviously bothered by feeling wet(which is the idea) and we just made sure we carried a change of clothes at all times. it wasn't long before we just switched over to regular underwear, so i was glad we hadn't made much of an investment in the training pants.</p>

·
Registered
418 Posts
<p>We went straight from diapers to underwear.  We just continue to bring a change of clothing with us wherever we go and make sure to bring her to the potty a lot (we're getting the grand tour of the local public bathrooms).</p>

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
<p>I would recommend the Gerber training underpants too.  You can always get those peva Gerber covers to put over the top if you are somewhere you want to stop the pee more.</p>

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
<p>We went straight from diapers to underwear as well. I looked at training pants but decided they were too expensive for how many I would need & I really felt that pull-ups are just diapers & I was done with diapers.</p>

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
<p>I'm not sure about sizes but we really, really like the Gerber training pants (I think they are about a pack of 3 for $10, which is just amazing compared to all the others!).  We actually bought both the boys and girls styles because DD is a big fan of dinosaurs too. :D</p>
<br>

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
<p>I don't use pull ups either, they are just glorified, expensive diapers. We use the padded gerber training pants, they make them in really small sizes, DD2 was 26 months when she PLed and the smallest size I bought was actually too small and she wasn't much bigger then 20 lbs back then. </p>

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
<p>Personally, I would skip the pull ups which are overpriced and kind of pointless. Just get some good training pants, and I either a cover or built-in PUL. Don't worry about something that contains pee, just focus on poop coverage. And watch the potty clock. We really liked the imse vimse ones and they are pretty small.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts