Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My just turned three year old son was just fine staying dry at night until we moved his bedtime up by three hours (very, very necessary). Now he has an accident almost every night. No amount of pre-bed bathroom visits or limiting liquids helps and I think he may just need protection at night. So far we've been putting him in his little brother's diapers but I can tell it really bothers him to be in diapers -- if he's really tired he'll tantrum over it (in which case we let him fall asleep and then put the diaper on) and the first thing he does in the morning is take his diaper off.<br><br>
So...<br><br>
I need an alternative. He doesn't like pull-ups any better than diapers. We never used them before and they're just not comfortable for him (and I think he considers them the same thing). I was thinking cloth diapers of some sort. Cloth "pull-ups" (I guess that would just be extra heavy padded underwear) would be awesome, but he might go for a simple cloth diaper that didn't look too baby-like. (Though he has been playing the baby recently in anticipation of our new guy to come...)<br><br>
Suggestions?<br><br>
He's a size 5 in the sposies.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
We have the same situation w/ my 3 y/o DD. She had been dry for 6+ month, then we moved and she actually started STTN and the bed wetting started. We did sposie pull-ups for 2 months, then I realizefd this was not going to pass fast. I got 6 FB OS diapers. They work great and since they are new, they are just for her. I snap them and have her step into them like undies. Once she does get over this last hump and stays dry, they can easily be passed to baby DS.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have a friend who really likes antsy pants for her 3yo daughter. They are a bit pricy, but when you think of how much you'll be saving by not buying sposies it's not too bad.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Green Acre Designs side-snapping pockets come in cool, big-kid color combos, and b/c they can be pre-snapped, he can pull them up and down like underwear. My 3 year old happily wore them and he named the color combos after superheroes (the blue/red was Spiderman, the red/blue was Superman, etc.)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
i was just going to come and ask this same question!!<br><br>
i ordered some mommy's touch os off of diaperswappers and i'm hoping that ds will be able to pull them up and down like pull ups. he started waking up just last night when he had to pee, but he never made it to the potty.... i want something that will support his independence, but won't get anyone soaked!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Large Fuzzibunz might work, depending on how big your kid is.<br><br>
blueberry minky trainers work great. try a medium and a large as the sizing runs big.<br><br>
I have bummis medium trainers, but they don't hold as much.<br><br>
I add a jersey or wool shorties in the winter to help absorb any pee that spills. You can buy them from a WAHM on diaperswappers or hyenacart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts