Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been covered, but I still can't search the diaper forum.

I am looking for pull-on dipes/training pants. I have two pairs from dd but this kind is no longer available. Forest, who just turned 19 months has decided he wants to try the potty. I am sure he did this because I just shelled out money for toddler cpfs and bought a pattern for wool soaker pants.

I would like to put something on him that can pulled down and up around the house. Anyone have links?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
Right now I am on a quest to find something WAHM made like that. For now I am using Gerber training pants and ME Sandys. Maybe one of our WAHMs from the board will see there is a need for this and design something.

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
I used mostly MotherEase Onesize dipes with the doubler inside, and put them on the larger setting so she could take them off when wet. Gerbers are okay, but didn't work with us until she learned to stop her pee in mid stream and run to the potty. Gerbers won't hold a full pee like a fitted diaper will.

Darshani

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dug out my ME OS dipes. They do seem to work the best of anything I've got. Thanks for the suggestion!

I still hope there are some cloth pull ups dipes in the making somewhere- maybe I'll get out my sewing machine and try to make some out of prefolds. I doubt I could make anything if someone else hasn't as I'm not the best seamstress but can sew, so who knows what I'll come up with LOL

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Some really unique training pants in my onestepahead cataloge.
www,onestepahead.com

I haven't tried them, but they look great

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
My thing is that I'm not looking for training pants...I'm really looking for a cloth pull-up diaper. The training pants I have just aren't absorbent enough to absorb a big pee. (We just need something for nighttime). I want a pull-on pant that's diaper absorbancy, which I can put my own wool cover over (my other problem is that I'm a little fanatical about only using wool, no PUL, which all the training pants seem to have).

I just emailed Jen at Little Lambs to see if she could make something for me like that..she makes a nighttime training pant with PUL, so my guess is that she can make one without).

The search continues.....

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is exactly what I am looking for, too. I don't want a waterproof outer layer but a pull up diaper or pant that is actually absorbent like a dipe but I can put my wool over or leave him go coverless, depending.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I use a side snap diaper with the setting larger so he can pull them up and down..

We also have used just wool pull up covers with no diaper in them

HTH,
Liz

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pinky

I just emailed Jen at Little Lambs to see if she could make something for me like that..she makes a nighttime training pant with PUL, so my guess is that she can make one without).

I emailed Jenn last week inquiring about a custom order and she said that she's not taking custom orders at the moment.
She said she "may" open for custom holiday print orders, though.

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Those Kushies waterproof trainers are like diapers-- they hold a lot of pee. I think that's why dd never took to them. She would pee in them during the day like diapers. When I tried them at night she would get them soaked and wake up screaming since she's used to sposies at night. But they are great if you are looking for an absorbent pull on dipe.

Darshani

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I have to say that I've also used Kushies, and although they are one of the only ones that don't wick/leak easily, and do hold more than the average training pant, they would not take us through the night. They are also very stiff on the outside and run small, so size up.
MOE makes Overnight Undies that I'm going to try soon for dd.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Oh yeah... and Starbunz! makes one that is pretty good. I think it's hemp inside. It just barely gets us through the night with dd IF she has little to drink before bed.
I like the fit of it really well. It's super trim.
However, if you order one, I would see if you could request it withOUT micro fleece inside. The one I got repelled from the time it was new, so it leaked every time I used it. No amount of stripping with anything would make it right. So I cut slits all over the fleece to let the pee in. Now it works! :LOL

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nak

Do those Kushies TP have the same pvc outer as the dipes? (I didn't like that much on the Ultras and am trying not to buy PVC). I'll check out Starbunz- thanks Holly. (that's a creative way to solve repelling microfleece LOL)

I am beginning to think (after reading everyone's posts and remembering my experience with Willow's pt-ing) that underwear is the way to go during the day...
or maybe just setting my snap diapers on large and ditching the cpfs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.