Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I have one- it's great, on it's 5th kid (3 of mine, 2 of bro/SIL). I pumped FT for dd, FT for ds for a few months, then part time, and part time (in school FT) for ds2. SIL has worked FT with both her kids. It's holding up great and does a great job.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I love mine. I had rented the Egnell Elite and I get comparable output with the PY. It also runs well on batteries --I've heard they last for 6 hours worth of pumping, but I'm still testing that. I've not tried other comparable pumps, but it does make an annoying low beeping sound if that would bother you. I keep mine wrapped in a blanket to quiet it a bit when I'm using it at home.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I like mine too, though I haven't used it much yet.
I will add that if you need larger flanges (i.e. if your nipple touches the sides of the flange during pumping), Ameda does make them and they're only about $15.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine, though I recently heard that the vacuum is not as strong as the medela. It seems to get the job done. I bought mine used for 90.00 and it was barely used, so I felt like I got a good deal. All the double electric breast pumps look the same to me. Hope you like yours!

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like mine. Works great!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I love mine. I used it 4 years ago for my twins, trying to pump extra for help with feeding. I'm currently pregnant and will use it again with this babe.
-Di

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Good to hear that people like this pump as I've been thinking of getting it.

Daft question but how do you steralise it? The websites I've looked at say it can't be done in the microwave (The UK version that is). It's been so easy to stick my ISIS in there for a couple fo minutes and I HATE the smell of the chemical tablets

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I just washed mine in hot soapy water or put it in on the sanitze cylce on my dishwasher. On rare ocations I would boil the parts that touch the milk. For a newborn my LC recomended that for the first couple months pouring water that had been boiled(not boiling) over the parts after they where hand washed. We never had any problems - remember that BM in itself is resistant to bacterial growth and if you are washing it within a few hours it shouln't be a problem.

·
Banned
4,355 Posts
i LOVED my PY!
: i ep'd for 3 months till dd could latch, and then, i pumped a few times a day to give my milk to a cancer patient. so, it got a lot of mileage, and it's still going strong. i got mine brandnew in package on an ebay closeout for 60 bucks...so check around there!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Selesai
I will add that if you need larger flanges (i.e. if your nipple touches the sides of the flange during pumping), Ameda does make them and they're only about $15.
I dont want to sound stupid but are you talking about the part where the nipple inserts? It should not be touching the side at all? I know when I pump of course the nipples swell from the pumping and do touch the sides. Is that what you are talking about?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I have one...another mama used it for a year (working) and then she sent it to me.

I never noticed any beeping or noise?? the only noise I hear is the sucking sounds of the vacuum part.

I just used it last night and got 4oz total

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Selesai
I like mine too, though I haven't used it much yet.
Where?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.