Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Your DD's only four days younger than mine is! If you're only leaving her twice a week for four hours or so, and she seems like she's okay without nursing for that long, she'd probably be okay without the pumped bottle. My DH takes DD every morning so I can work (or post on MDC, ha) and we've set a four-hour time limit for them being gone. DD's fine for four hours and she's not ravenous when she gets back, although she's always ready to nurse. (Your DD's behavior last week sounds similar to how mine behaves as well.) She'll probably be just fine!

I do know how you feel about pumping! It's always been hard for me. DD's Grandma takes her for four hours once a month, and I always pump for that visit (more for Grandma than for DD at this point - Grandma LOVES feeding DD a bottle) and it takes me two full days of pumping every few hours to get one bottle of breast milk ready for the occasion. So I can imagine how you must feel about doing it all the time.

About the nighttime bottle, I have no idea. I'm sure some other mamas will have some better advice for you on that one.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I just looked at your pics and your girls are absolutely gorgeous!! That picture of Little Shmoo – oh my goodness, what a total cutie pie!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts