Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I BFed my DS until he was ten months and then he had a nursing strike and my supply never recovered, mostly because I couldn't pump to save my life. We had no problems when it was straight from the breast, but pumps couldn't get anything out of me. I tried both a hospital grade pump and an Avent Isis, but neither helped.

Will I definitely have this trouble again with my second or is there hope? I will BF this child no matter what, but I would like to be able to get at least a bottle's worth once in a while or even enough to go back to work earlier than I did with my DS.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Its been different with each of my 3 kids so definitely give it a chance to work this time. The first time I did just fine pumping with a PIS with the standard sized shields. The second time I tried an Avent Isis IQ but struggled to get anything out so I switched back to a PIS but with larger shields and that did the trick. Try a few new things like replacing parts and getting bigger shields to see if that helps you pump better. I'm taking a little bit of domperdone and that is helping me pump alot better this time around.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really hope I have an easier time with DC #2...I have enough things to worry about right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.