Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
i work part-time, a few evenings a week. dh puts dd to bed on those nights when i'm gone, and she takes about 6 oz in a bottle from him. when i nurse her to sleep, she seems to take quite a bit, as she nurses for a long time.

my pumping issue is this: i used to have no problem pumping 6-7 oz while at work, but recently i am lucky if i pump 3oz. i really dont think its a supply issue, because my breasts feel very full, even after my pumping break is over. i do have a letdown, sometimes two...but it flows so much slower than it used to. i have the avent isis pump, and i've recently replaced the replacable parts.

i'm worried! i'm afraid i'll start running out of EBM for her!
anyone else experience this and have any advice?
help!

thanks,
sarah

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi Sarah,

It could be several things, but the first thing I'd try would be checking all of your pump parts. If you're using a Medela pump, you can try replacing the white membranes and the yellow valves. You could also have a problem with your tubing.

A great resource for pumping is the Yahoo group pumpmoms.

Best,
Sarah`

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sometimes when I pump at work my letdown isn't as good if I'm feeling stressed or thinking about work. I can bring on the letdown better if I focus on relaxing my shoulders and visualizing my baby or something that makes me happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.