Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,<br>
i work part-time, a few evenings a week. dh puts dd to bed on those nights when i'm gone, and she takes about 6 oz in a bottle from him. when i nurse her to sleep, she seems to take quite a bit, as she nurses for a long time.<br><br>
my pumping issue is this: i used to have no problem pumping 6-7 oz while at work, but recently i am lucky if i pump 3oz. i really dont think its a supply issue, because my breasts feel very full, even after my pumping break is over. i do have a letdown, sometimes two...but it flows so much slower than it used to. i have the avent isis pump, and i've recently replaced the replacable parts.<br><br>
i'm worried! i'm afraid i'll start running out of EBM for her!<br>
anyone else experience this and have any advice?<br>
help!<br><br>
thanks,<br>
sarah

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hi Sarah,<br><br>
It could be several things, but the first thing I'd try would be checking all of your pump parts. If you're using a Medela pump, you can try replacing the white membranes and the yellow valves. You could also have a problem with your tubing.<br><br>
A great resource for pumping is the Yahoo group pumpmoms.<br><br>
Best,<br>
Sarah`

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sometimes when I pump at work my letdown isn't as good if I'm feeling stressed or thinking about work. I can bring on the letdown better if I focus on relaxing my shoulders and visualizing my baby or something that makes me happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts