Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a travel type job where you don't have an office? I am getting ready to start a new job and will be driving around my territory daily. I intend to continue to pump during the day but wonder the best way to handle the milk. Do you just take a cooler and ice packs? That sounds logical but thought maybe someone might have a better idea.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ah, ha...a subject that I know EXTREMELY well....

I was an exclusive pumper to a non-nursing baby for 15 months. I was in the office 1 day a month for organizational meetings. Other then that, I was a road warrior.

Your milk will be just fine in a cooler with ice packs.

ETA -- I did notice you were in TX. I'm not sure how well it will do in the summer. You may want to test out extra, extra ice packs.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I pumped quite a bit in the car.

A very good cooler (medical grade) is a Polarbear. American made and the company is running a special right now, buy one get one free.

www.polarbearcoolers.com

The coupon codes is 2112

Our polarbear kept food frozen solid for 36 hours between PR and the USVIs in 80 degree heat, sitting on an airport tarmac, trunk of a car, etc. We used the techiice ice packs on the bottom of the cooler.

I sound like a commercial but seriously, these are awesome and I am sure it could stand up to the TX heat. The smallest size would probably work for daily milk storage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.