Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>So, I have the dubious pleasure of experiencing PUPPs this time around. And, I'm wondering if my experience with this rash is normal. Most of what I've been reading leaves me with the impression that most women just itch constantly and that the rash is constant.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For me, my rash seems to fade overnight and then waxes and wanes throughout the day. And, it will even completely disappear for hours at a time before coming back. Same with the itchiness---it comes and goes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, what did you find most effective for relieving the itch? Particularly at night as that's when I itch the most and I would love to not be waking up constantly because I itch.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(And, I was tested for choleostasis because I feel the itch most in my hands and feet and the bile acid test came back normal.)</p>

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
<p>Mine itched the worst at night but the rash was still there all of the time. It would get so inflamed at night that I would use little ice packs on my belly. Other than that nothing really helped except giving birth. :(</p>

·
Registered
727 Posts
<p> Mine was worse at night too. I used bags of ice to calm it and got up for a cool bath if it got too horrible. I put an oat bag in the water and found that very soothing. Loose clothing and keeping the heating to a minimum helped. Mine stopped when I was given steroids at 6 weeks pp. My thoughts are with you - it is so horrible. Hope you can find some ways to calm it.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts