Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so sad!
: There was an email circulating around about 6 little lab mix puppies that needed homes and had a picture of the little guys in a cage looking soooo cute, and it turns out it was a cruel hoax!

I was so excited, cause we have been talking about getting a dog, and dh was the one who sent it to me. I even sent it to everyone at my work, 100+ people, and a couple of them called about it. I was very embarrassed, because it came from me and they had their hearts, as did I, on a new puppy.

So, beware! It came from friends of ours, and I thought it was reputable. Several of these people are involved w/ rescues, but the contact info included was wrong. The woman was very p*ssed on her voicemail message too. She didn't know who had the puppies or why her number was attached.
:

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdlynsMom View Post
Im sorry for your dissapointment..... But remember, there are always lots of adorable puppies and dogs at your local shelter!
:

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, we are going to go to the spca. But my neighbors were just up there and they said almost everything is pitt or pitt mix and my dh won't go for that. But maybe we'll come across something. I don't want a puppy anyway, a dog would be better, I was just disappointed after getting all built up, and I had people at my work interested in one...

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdlynsMom View Post
Im sorry for your dissapointment..... But remember, there are always lots of adorable puppies and dogs at your local shelter!
Thankfully, that's not true across the country. In this area the only puppies are coming up from the south; ditto for small dogs. If you go to the big area shelter near me, there are four Pits and one senior Boxer who is not good with kids or cats.

I saw the same scam e-mail; it must be circulating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.