Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this might be TMI for some. I had some spotting yesterday, mostly pink, although after one trip to the bathroom I looked in the toilet and there was a small blob of red streaked mucous. The spotting stopped last night, but when I used the toilet in the middle of the night, I swear the tp had purple on it. I was tired, but not so tired that I was halucinating, and there was plenty of light in the bathroom. It was really purple.

What in the world could or would cause purple spotting???

Thanks for the input.
Mindi

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I bet it was brown and red blood together. I bet it was just a really wierd mix of 2 different colors and the result was a purple. But I think this is one of the strangest pg related things I have ever read

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I've never experienced that myself. I hope all is well with you. Have you had any more spotting since?

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Not pregnant or anything but wanted to reply. I chuckled at first
. What color is/was your underware last night? I had some that when I was pregnant (which was during the summer) would bleed colors onto my girly goods.I'd wipe and see various colors. After the weather cooled down these pairs of underware stopped doing it. Never had the issue since.
Could that have been the case?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, I was wearing white underwear. It was truely bizarre! Thankfully, no spotting since. I was trying to figure out if brown and pink together could make purple, and I suppose it's possible. I don't know. It might be forever a mystery!

Happily free of spotting of any shade today,
Mindi

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Glad you haven't had any more spotting! What a weird thing to have happen....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts