Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*sigh* I am at my wits end with "the terrible twos" (and they have only been going on for about 4 weeks now). Currently, DD (who is almost 2) has been having a fit at bedtime (which is around 7pm).

The situation is she has her own room...mattress on the floor. She co-slept with us until she was about 10 months old and has been in her room since then. No real problems until the past couple weeks. She seems obviously tired and we go through the normal routine: dinner, bath, book, bed. Only now she screams the minute we leave. I tried staying with her in the room and she plays for a LONG time then will lay down and pretend to sleep but if we go to get up to leave (even after being there for over an hour) she will start to scream. I think she knows we are going to leave and she won't sleep because she anticipates it. I have another child and I just can't go to bed with her at 7pm. But she will scream and gag herself (put her finger down her throat) and then she will stop for awhile and play, then do it again...then start to play and it will continue until we go to her. Then it starts all over the minute we leave.

I don't know what to do. Please advise!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.