Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just had to post this somewhere. I have started putting out feelers for a new job. Specifically I am looking for something in my field, but will allow either a part-time schedule or a partial telecommute (or both). It could be a long search, since those types of schedules/options normally are not given to new hires. I am hoping my experience and charming personality
will get them interested. Naturally, I will wait until they express interest before bringing up the flexible schedule I want. I hope this will be the best of both worlds, because while I have enjoyed this precious time off, I really miss working and feel I need some outside the house time.

If I can't find something flexible, then I will continue to SAH. I can't do something FT with a long commute (I live in a rural area) right now. Since I can afford some time without working, I am not willing to pay the price I would need to in terms of family time to do that. BTDT and went

I'm not articulating this very well, but I am just posting this here since I feel I will be understood.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
I just want to let you know someone heard you! Sometimes putting it out there in print makes it more real and helps you take concrete steps.

Good luck getting closer to what you want!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Best luck with your search...I'm sure that you will find something that will allow you flexibility. If you can afford it, you might offer to work the hours/arrangement you are proposing for a reduce salary for a set period of time to show the employer what an awesome worker you are and how well your proposed arrangement works for them :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the encouragement. Now I keep checking my email for responses. Ha ha. I guess I need to be more patient!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.