Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I've seen stuff on this on BBC and The Economist. I loved this quote

Quote:
"I can tell you that nothing has really taken me aback more ... than the way that the politics of energy is - I will use the word 'warping' diplomacy around the world," Rice told Congress in April. "It has given extraordinary power to some states that are using that power in not very good ways for the international system, states that would otherwise have very little power."

I'm sure there's some irony there but dh keeps telling me I don't use that word correctly.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mara
Yes, it's a crisis. China isn't to be taken lightly.

What do you mean it's not dry? You mean it's funny? Or the oil isn't dry, or what do you mean?
Please read the story it's about much more than just China. The focus is actually on Venezuela, but for the short space it uses it gives a lot of information and perspective. I mean the story isn't dry, the part I quoted is kind of dry reading for many, but the story isn't just reporting or commentary on global energy, it focuses on the little guy and spans across the big picture.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.