Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My niece lives in Manassas and is 18 years old and pregnant. She is a poor, working, single, biracial mom with a kind of "bad" attitude (my opinion, although my sister said she has really come around in the attitude department and wants a good relationship with her mom now). I assume she'll get WIC. Will the WIC office in Prince William County promote breastfeeding with her? Would she be really out of place at an LLL meeting? I have a feeling that she might hear stuff there and then make a comment that alienates her. But that is assuming she will attend which I don't see happening unless my sister goes with her. My sister didn't breastfeed for more than a few weeks, and I have a feeling my sis might give her some of the same messages she gave me when I was pregnant (you can't give birth without an epidural, and breastfeeding to 6 months is impossible). I wanted to let her know about LLL meetings and that she can go if when she is pregnant.

Are there other resources for pregnancy that she might enjoy and find beneficial? I haven't lived in Prince William county since 1997, so I don't know what is out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.