Mothering Forum banner

Q: Did I overwash my wool?

466 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  mothergooseofthree
I just bought a yard of woven wool to make my first wool covers with. I washed it on hot and then threw it in the dryer. It didn't shrink much, but the amount of lint was overwhelming. When I slide a moist hand over it, my whole hand is covered in lint. Can I still use this wool? Will it get better after I lanolize it? tia.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
I would actually wash it again. You will get more of the lint off with each wash. And, it will get better with use as well!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.