Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave in and scheduled an ultrasound for Monday. I'm just making myself crazy right now! I'm becomming so neurotic! I vascilate between thinking that my symptoms have disappeared (m/c'd in the spring at 12 weeks with a blighted ovum so every time I think I'm not having symptoms, I'm just sure baby's gone) to thinking I'm having twins!<br><br>
I had SUPER high HCG levels when tested at 16 (1000), 19 (5290), and 23 (18000) dpo, and I've already gained a ton of weight and am showing like I was at 6 mo. with dd.<br><br>
If you're having multiples, what were your main signs? Did you know (IVF?) or was it a surprise? How did you know to check?<br><br>
Sadie

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The only sign I had was growing out of my pants at 6 weeks. I shouldn't have been so surprised, I guess.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Well I knew we had a 30% chance as it was an IVF cycle and we transfered two blasts. However I was in complete denial about it. Then at the u/s we saw to sacks immediately and I knew before the doc even said anything that it was twins.<br><br>
I think I bloated really early on, like 5-6 weeks. But I was on so many hormones because it was an IVF cycle that it is hard to gage.<br><br>
Most people don't think I look that big for carrying twins. Here is my 18 week <a href="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/Away2me/18weekbellyLR.jpg" target="_blank">belly shot pic.</a><br><br>
My Beta # was not that high, 681 at 15DPO. I never had morning sickness that bad and once I was off the hormones I felt great.<br><br>
So I'm not a lot of help to you. Good luck and let us know what you find out at your U/S appointment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts