Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OB's nurse just called me back with my quant HCG results, she told me last Friday that it was 19,344, so I already knew that much. Today she tells me that this put me at 7-8 weeks last Friday. Well there is no WAY I can be that far along, I had a normal period starting on Feb. 26!! SO I ask her, could this mean twins, or something wrong like Downs Syndrome?? All she would say is that we will know more when I come in on April 28 for my first OB visit when Dr. will do an u/s. She sounded sheepish, like she didn't want to say too much. I am just terrified right now. It is all I can do to not throw myself in bed and cry. Also my progesterone is low so they want to start me on progesterone supplementation. I feel like this baby is doomed.

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Can you call them up and ask to get in sooner? If you're already "7-8 weeks" you should be seen sooner. They might be able to get you in if someone cancels.
High hcg is a sign of twins, or a more advanced pregnancy. It's not usually a sign of something wrong with the baby.

You could have just had a normal "period" during pregnancy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is what John was thinking, that I was further along and just had a normal 'period' even though I was already pregnant. My estimate going by my LMP of Feb. 26 is that I should have been 5 weeks 2 days on Friday when that sample was drawn. To be 7 or 8 weeks I would have had to conceive, what, the week of AF or the week before?? And I never DTD while I'm flowing, I just can't hack the idea. I have also never before in my history of 5 pregnancies (3 live births) had a period during a pregnancy.

But Apricot, your post and the fact that you seem to be in a position to know these things, has saved my sanity for the time being. Google is going to be the death of me yet. I am calling now to see if I can get in any sooner.

And thank you celestialdreamer, according to that chart maybe baby is okay just on the higher end of normal. Please baby be okay.
:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.