Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever tried using a queen size mattress on the floor with some sort of guard rails as a crib? Our 7 month old just keeps rolling over & hitting his head on the rails in the crib. I think he's just too big for his own good! We are trying to think of other solutions. Any ideas?

·
Registered
959 Posts
well, if you make a queen size crib, he'll just roll and roll and roll and then bonk his head on the rails ;-)<br><br>
I don't know what the solution is. But what I had at 7 months was a crib turned into a co-sleeper. Head bonking just wasn't a problem.<br><br>
Maybe one of those crib bumpers might help?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hi and welcome! Have you tried to line the crib with pillows? The ones I'm thinking of have a name that escapes me...they are shaped like a cylinder or a tube (round & long). We haven't used a crib for it's original purpose in several years. We took the side off and pushed it against the wall-so it has 3 sides and the open side is level with our bed. The kids nap & sleep in the bed. We have about 6-7 pillows that line the wall and the open crib so they don't bunp their heads. We keep an eye on them while they sleep. Just a thought!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ideas!! I guess he would keep rolling in a bigger mattress & hit his head. He's just so big that he rolls over once & ...bonk. We'll look into the round bumper idea.<br><br>
Question - when your kids nap in the crib that is up against the bed...how do you keep them from crawling out & then off the bed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts